2017-2018 GRASSROOTS ADVOCACY WEBINAR SCHEDULE:
Webinar 6: Monday, March 26, 2018 – What to Expect During Capitol Hill Day
Webinar 1: Monday, October 23, 2017 Grassroots Advocacy Overview
Webinar 2: Monday, November 27, 2017 Preparing and Sharing your Elevator Speech (pre-recorded)
Webinar 3: Monday, December 11, 2017 Using Your Voice to Advance Research and Improve Care: Tips for Effective Advocacy and Congressional Outreach presented by Philip Goglas II and Dane Christiansen of Health & Medicine Counsel of Washington (HMCW)
Webinar 4: Monday, January 22, 2018 Effective Public Speaking
Webinar 5: Monday, Feb. 26, 2018
Sit in on a mock meeting that's just like the ones patient advocates have in the offices of Congress members. This small group of advocates will likely include a patient who had undergone stem cell therapy, a parent or caregiver of a child with scleroderma, a patient who uses a medical device and an advocate who works in a chapter. Excellent opportunity to see what the day is all about.
JOIN OUR MONTHLY SERIES OF GRASSROOTS ADVOCACY TRAINING WEBINARS
To join a prescheduled webinar:
- Click on the following link (or cut and paste into your browser): https://join.me/scleroderma.org.
- Dial 302-202-5900.
- Enter Conference ID 710-462-255.
- Please place your phone and your computer on mute (or turn the volume all the way down) to avoid feedback.
- The link and dial in information is the same for each webinar.
Please note the following:
- Each webinar will begin promptly at 2 p.m. Eastern; 1 p.m. Central; 12 p.m. Mountain; 11 a.m. Pacific
- Webinars are best viewed through a desktop or laptop computer; they are not optimized for smartphones or tablets/iPads.
- Each webinar will be approximately 30 minutes (including time for Q&A).
- Questions may be submitted through the chat window and responded to during the webinar or at the end.
- Webinars will be recorded and posted below as well as to the foundation’s official YouTube channel.
- Please note that some presentation may be pre-recorded. If so, those recorded presentations will be posted before the previously scheduled webinar date and time.
RECORDED VIDEOS (click link to view video):
- Webinar 1: Grassroots Advocacy Overview (10/23/17)
- Webinar 2: Preparing and Sharing Your Elevator Speech (11/27/17)
- Webinar 3: Using Your Voice to Advance Research and Improve Care: Tips for Effective Advocacy and Congressional Outreach (12/11/17)
- Webinar 4: Effective Public Speaking (1/22/18)
- Webinar 5: Using Your Voice to Meet with an Elected Official (2/26/18)
Contact David Murad, Director or Chapter Relations, at email@example.com with questions or for more information. Additional resources are below to assist you in your advocacy activities: