JOIN OUR MONTHLY SERIES OF GRASSROOTS ADVOCACY TRAINING WEBINARS
To join a webinar:
- Click on the following link (or cut and paste into your browser): https://join.me/scleroderma.org.
- Dial 302-202-5900.
- Enter Conference ID 710-462-255.
- The link and dial in information is the same for each webinar.
Please note the following:
- Webinars are best viewed through a desktop or laptop computer; they are not optimized for smartphones or tablets/iPads.
- Each webinar will be approximately 45 minutes.
- Each webinar will begin promptly at 2 p.m. Eastern; 1 p.m. Central; 12 p.m. Mountain; 11 a.m. Pacific.
- Webinars will be recorded and posted to the Scleroderma Foundation’s official YouTube channel.
- Questions may be submitted through the chat window and
responded to during the webinar or at the end.
2017-2018 GRASSROOTS ADVOCACY WEBINAR
Webinar 1: Grassroots Advocacy – Monday, October 23, 2017
- Vision, Mission and Goals
- Equipping Advocates through Grassroots Efforts
- Spreading the Word
Webinar 2: Preparing and Sharing your Elevator Speech – Monday, November 27, 2017
- Preparing your Elevator Speech
- Opportunities/Missed Opportunities
- Teachable Moments
Webinar 3: Public Speaking & Letter Writing – Monday, December 11, 2017
- Gestures and Body Language
- Speaking to Diverse Audiences
- Visual Aids and Props
- Delivering Technical Information
Webinar 4: Legislative Advocacy (Handout) – Monday, January 22, 2018
- Bill Introduction
- Rules for Legislative Advocacy
- Targeted Advocacy
- Meeting with Legislators
- Strategic Planning: Long- vs. Short-Term
Webinar 5: Meeting with Elected Officials – Monday, February 26, 2018
- Advocacy Actions
- Strategic Planning Format
Webinar 6: What to Expect During Capitol Hill Day – Monday, March 26, 2018
- Team Building
- Key Talking Points of the Bill
- Implementing Advocacy Strategies
Contact David Murad, Director or Chapter Relations at email@example.com with questions or for more information. Please see some additional information below to assist you in your advocacy activities: